Here at Aquarium Central we aim to provide the very best quality fish at the very best possible prices, shipped directly to your door. Unlike recieving a regular parcel some extra care and planning must be taken to ensure the safe arrival of your fish. We have strict policies and procedures for shipping live fish so please read these carefully and familiarize yourself with what may happen and what is required of you to make this process as smooth and as safe as possible.
When having fish shipped to you it is important to plan accordingly so that your fish arive in good health and with as little stress (to them) as possible. Please ensure your address is accurate and complete. A wrong or inaccurate address can signifigantly threaten the welfare of fish in transit and will void the D.O.A policy and guarantee. (Likewise fish cannot be sent to a P.O. Box) Please ensure someone is at home to recieve the parcel at time of delivery. Any fish that are returned to a depot or left on a doorstep will not be covered by any guarantee or D.O.A policy as this signifigantly increases the risk to the fish. Please ensure that fish are dealt with and released into your tank in a timely mannor as this minimises their stress and risk. Always follow safe release practices (eg: floating bags to stabilize temperature and gradual mixing of water to avoid shock. etc) Any fish that arrive dead in their bags will be covered by our D.O.A policy if all conditions are met so please take time to familiarize yourself with what you will need to do in this instance as there are procedures for claiming that need to be strictly followed. We can not offer any guarantee on fish once they have been released into your tank. There are simply too many factors beyond our control that can may cause fish deaths in a new or existing aquarium.
Terms & Conditions for purchase of Live Fish:
1. We reserve the right to cancel or delay live fish orders for any reason. which may include but are not limited to:
Extreme temperatures posing a risk to the welfare of fish during transit.
Condition or health of fish deemed unacceptable for transport.
insuficient stock to fill an order.
2. Any guarantee only extends to cover live stock. Shipping charges and quarantine fees are not refundable in any circumstance.
3. If dry goods are ordered with Live Fish they are usually shipped seperately and may take longer to arrive than the live fish shipment.
4. In the event of casulty D.O.A, fish will not be resent, instead a store credit may be issued in accordance with our D.O.A policy if the critera are met.
5. In the event that an order has been miss picked a 50% store credit on the incorrect fish will be given
Procedures, Terms and Conditions for D.O.A. Policy:
1. Owner must be home when fish arrive (fish returned to the depot or left unnatended will void a D.O.A. Credit/Refund)
2. Fish must be shipped to a REAL address.. Third party addresses like PO BOXES are not accepted and will also void the D.O.A policy. Likewise any inaccurate or wrong adresses will void the D.O.A policy.
3. A photo of the D.O.A. in the unopened bag must be taken and emailed to us within 2 hours of delivery. Individual DOA images (once unbagged) must also be taken with the tails removed fom the deceased fish and emailed to us. (NO claim will be accepted without clear images of the dead fish in un open bags)
4. A email must be subbmited to email@example.com within 2 hours of recieving the shipment. This email must contain all relevent information. Relevent info includes, name, order number, approx time recieved, number of bags affected, QTY of fish DOA, images of both fish in the bag (before opening) and individual images of fish once unbagged. (NO claim will be accepted via Text messages, SMS, Facebook Messanger or via a phone call. All corresponence must be carried out via email ONLY)
5. Returns will not be accepted under any circumstances.
6. Orders must be placed using a signed in account on Aquarium Central (Guest checkouts or Paypal Express Checkouts will void any D.O.A claims)
7. We have not control over delivery times. All our orders are sent with expected delivery to be less than 24hrs. In the event that a parcel is deleyed in transit outside the 24hr period a 50% store credit will apply only on any DOA Fish.
8. In the event that 100% loss of stock due to late delivery 50% of the entire order including freight will be credited in the form of store credit
What to do if a fish is missing from the order
Before unpacking your fish please check your order carefully and the reciept emailed to you when placing the order. IF you suspect a fish is missing from you order please take clear pictures of ALL bags in your order. Include in these images pictures of the fish inside the bags so we can help identify the missing fish. We then will match these images with our security footage and refund any missing stock accordingly. Please email these images to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing
What to do if you suspect an incorrect fish has been sent.
We have an excellent team of qualified staff in our store to pick and pack your order. However we are only human and errors in picking can occur. Because live fish cannot be returned a credit of 50% for the incorrect fish will be applied to your account as long as the fish is of approx equal value. In the event of a fish of lesser value has been sent then a credit of the difference including a 50% value of the cheaper fish will be applied.
What to do if you dispute the advertised size of the fish
All sizes of fish on our website are of esimated sizes. Fresh stock is arring in our store almost daily and we do our best to update our site accordingly. In the event that a fish is grosly different to that as advertised a clear picture of the fish in the bag before opening and a picture of the fish on a ruler after opening must be emailed to email@example.com for processing. ONLY fish that are undesized by more then 50% of the advertised size will be processed with a 50% return in the form of store credit.
What if my fish is not avaliable on the day of shipping?
Our store is open to the public Tuesdays – Saturdays. During these days all our fish are avaliable to be purchased to our walk in customers (we do not hold fish under any circumstances) in the event that the fish you purchased becomes unavaliable on the day of shipping a refund will be given on the missing fish before shipping. In the event that more than 25% of your order is missing one of our friendly staff will give you a call before your order is processed. If we are unable to contact you by phone your order will be pushed back to the next shipping run until we can contact you.
Other things to consider before ordering:
* Ensure that you have enough room in your tank.
* Ensure your tank is fully cycled.
* Ensure your new fish will be campatible tank mates for any existing fish you have (both in species, habitat requirements, temperament, and size)
* Ensure your water parameters are suitable for your new fish and that the habitat and temperature are suitable for the species you wish to introduce.
* Do not stock your tank too quickly or suddenly a large influx of fish can unbalance your water parameters and affect water quality.
* Do not feed your new fish for 24hrs, they need time to settle in and feel at home, feeding too soon poses a risk to thir health and may upset your water quality. If you have existing fish in your aquarium, it’s a good idea to feed them prior to releasing the new fish.
* Dont be alarmed if, upon arival, your fish look pale or lethargic, this is normal behaviour while in transit and they should return to full color and vibrancy after settling in to their new home for a few days.