Here at Aquarium Central we aim to provide the absolute best quality fish at the very best possible prices, shipped directly to your door. Unlike receiving a regular parcel some extra care and planning must be taken to ensure the safe arrival of your fish. We have strict policies and procedures for shipping live fish so please read these carefully and familiarize yourself with what may happen and what is required of you to make this process as smooth and as safe as possible.
When having fish shipped to you it is important to plan accordingly so that your fish arrive in good health and with as little stress (to them) as possible. Please ensure your address is accurate and complete. A wrong or inaccurate address can significantly threaten the welfare of fish in transit and will void the D.O.A policy and guarantee. (Likewise, fish cannot be sent to a P.O. Box or Parcel Locker) Please ensure someone is at home to receive the parcel at time of delivery. Any fish that are returned to a depot or left on a doorstep (ATL) will not be covered by any guarantee or D.O.A policy as this significantly increases the risk to the fish. Please ensure that fish are dealt with and released into your tank in a timely manner as this minimises their stress and risk. Always follow safe release practices (eg: floating bags to stabilize temperature and gradual mixing of water to avoid shock. etc) Any fish that arrive dead in their bags may be covered by our D.O.A policy if all conditions are met so please take time to familiarize yourself with what you will need to do in this instance as there are procedures for claiming that need to be strictly followed. We cannot offer any guarantee on fish once they have been released into your tank. There are simply too many factors beyond our control that can may cause fish deaths in a new or existing aquarium.
Terms & Conditions for purchase of Live Fish:
1. We reserve the right to cancel or delay live fish orders for any reason. which may include but are not limited to:
Extreme temperatures posing a risk to the welfare of fish during transit.
Condition or health of fish deemed unacceptable for transport.
insufficient stock to fill an order.
2. Any guarantee only extends to cover livestock. Shipping charges and fees are not refundable in any circumstance.
3. If dry goods are ordered with Live Fish, they are usually shipped separately and may take longer to arrive than the live fish shipment.
4. In the event of casualty D.O.A, fish will not be resent, instead a store credit may be issued if other criteria are met
5. In the event that an order has been miss picked a 50% store credit on the incorrect fish will be given
Procedures, Terms and Conditions for D.O.A. Policy:
1. Owner must be home when fish arrive (fish returned to the depot or left unattended will void a D.O.A. Credit/Refund)
2. Fish must be shipped to a real address. Third party addresses like PO BOXES are not accepted and will also void the D.O.A policy. Likewise, any inaccurate or wrong addresses will void the D.O.A policy.
3. A clear Photo/Video of the D.O.A. in the unopened bag must be taken and emailed to us within 2 hours of delivery (If the fish are double bagged, the outside bag can be removed for taking images). Individual DOA images/Video (once unbagged) must also be taken with the tails removed from the deceased fish and emailed to us. If you are unwilling to cut off the tails of your deceased fish a clear video must be emailed showing the DOA fish in and outside the bags (NO claim will be accepted without clear images/videos of the dead fish in unopen bags)
4. A email must be submitted to email@example.com within 2 hours of receiving the shipment. This email must contain all relevant information. Relevant info includes, name, order number, approx. time received, number of bags affected, QTY of fish DOA, images/video of both fish in the bag (before opening) and individual images/video of fish once unbagged. (NO claim will be accepted via Text messages, SMS, Facebook Messenger or via a phone call. All correspondence must be carried out via email ONLY)
5. Returns will not be accepted under any circumstances.
6. Orders must be placed using a signed in account on Aquarium Central (Guest checkouts or PayPal Express Checkouts will void any D.O.A claims)
7. We have not control over delivery times. All our orders are sent with expected delivery to be less than 24hrs however since flights have been in issue with COVID-19 there are increased risks of delay. In the event that a parcel is delayed in transit outside the 24hr period a 50% store credit will apply only on any DOA Fish.
8. In the event that 100% loss of stock due to late delivery 50% of the entire order including freight will be credited in the form of store credit
Questions and Answers:
What to do if a fish is missing from the order?
Before unpacking your fish please check your order carefully and the receipt emailed to you when placing the order. IF you suspect a fish is missing from you order please take clear pictures of ALL bags in your order. Include in these images pictures of the fish inside the bags so we can help identify the missing fish. We then will match these images with our security footage and refund any missing stock accordingly. Please email these images to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing
What to do if you suspect an incorrect fish has been sent.
We have an excellent team of qualified staff in our store to pick and pack your order. However, we are only human and errors in picking can occur. Because live fish cannot be returned a credit of 50% for the incorrect fish will be applied to your account as long as the fish is of approx. equal value. In the event of a fish of lesser value has been sent then a credit of the difference including a 50% value of the cheaper fish will be applied.
What to do if you dispute the advertised size of the fish
All sizes of fish on our website are of estimated sizes only. Fresh stock is arriving in our store daily and we do our best to update our site accordingly. In the event that a fish is grossly different to that as advertised a clear picture of the fish in the bag before opening and a picture of the fish on a ruler after opening must be emailed to email@example.com for processing. ONLY fish that are undersized by more than 50% of the advertised size will be processed with a 50% return in the form of store credit. Oversized fish do not qualify for any compensation
What if my fish is not available on the day of shipping?
Our store is open to the public Tuesdays – Saturdays. During these days all our fish are available to be purchased to our walk in customers (we do not hold fish under any circumstances) in the event that the fish you purchased becomes unavailable on the day of shipping a refund will be given on the missing fish before shipping. In the event that more than 50% of your order is missing one of our friendly staff will give you a call before your order is processed. If we are unable to contact, you by phone your order will be pushed back to the next shipping run until we can contact you.
Other things to consider before ordering:
* Ensure that you have enough room in your tank.
* Ensure your tank is fully cycled.
* Ensure your new fish will be compatible tank mates for any existing fish you have (both in species, habitat requirements, temperament, and size)
* Ensure your water parameters are suitable for your new fish and that the habitat and temperature are suitable for the species you wish to introduce.
* Do not stock your tank too quickly or suddenly a large influx of fish can unbalance your water parameters and affect water quality.
* Do not feed your new fish for 24hrs, they need time to settle in and feel at home, feeding too soon poses a risk to their health and may upset your water quality. If you have existing fish in your aquarium, it’s a good idea to feed them prior to releasing the new fish.
* Don’t be alarmed if, upon arrival, your fish look pale or lethargic, this is normal behaviour while in transit and they should return to full colour and vibrancy after settling in to their new home for a few days.