Monodactylus sebae, sometimes known as the African moony, is a species of moonyfish native to fresh, brackish and marine waters from the eastern Atlantic, ranging from the Canary Islands down to Angola. It inhabits mangrove swamps and estuaries and can occasionally be found in lagoons.
These fish are often kept with African Cichlids as they are fast and like similar water conditions.
- Species – Monodactylus sebae
- Common Name – African Mono Sebae
- Origin – Africa
- Diet – Omnivore
- PH Range – Alkaline 7.5 – 8.5
- Water Type – Hard
- Temperature – Tropical 24°c – 28°c
- Breed Type – Egg Layer
- Current Size – approximately 5cm (Grows to approximately 25cm)
- Sex – Un-sexed