Snake Head Gudgeon
Body generally greenish-brown, lower part of head tan or yellowish with 3-4 brownish red stripes radiating from lower part of eye; sides with 8-10 indistinct bars, and a large black blotch at the pectoral-fin base.
Lives on muddy bottoms in rivers, swamps, coastal streams and floodplains, often amongst dense aquatic vegetation or underneath cut away banks.
- Common Name – Snake Head Gudgeon
- Origin – northern Australia
- Diet – Omnivorous
- PH Range – 5.8 – 9
- Temperature – Tropical and Coldwater 11°c – 34°c
- Breed Type – Egg Scatterer
- Current Size – approximately18cm (Grows to approximately 29cm)
- Sex – Un-sexed