Lyretail Guppy Assorted Male
Lyretail Guppies gets its name from its double tail fin feature.
Lyretail Guppies are available in a rainbow of colours and should be housed in an aquarium of at least 20 litres. Because of its hardiness, it is tolerant of small changes in water parameters. However, care should be taken to keep temperature, pH, and nutrient levels in check. The guppy is a very peaceful fish and should be housed with other livebearers.
You can easily differentiate the male from the female. The male guppy is smaller in size, has brighter coloration with a bigger tail fin, and a pointed anal fin. The female is larger in size with duller coloration, has a rounded anal fin, and a pregnancy patch on the lower portion of the body.
- Species – Poecilia reticulata
- Common Name – Lyretail Guppy
- Origin – South America, particularly in countries such as Brazil, Barbados, and Guyana.
- Diet – Omnivorous
- PH Range – 6.8 – 7.8
- Temperature – Tropical and Coldwater 22°c – 28°c
- Breed Type – Livebearer
- Current Size – approximately 3cm (Grows up to approximately 4-6cm)
- Sex – Un-sexed