Honey Gouramis are a small fish who only grow to around 3 inch in length (2 inch for females) and they are incredibly peaceful and playful fish.
Just like most other Gouramis, the Honey Gourami is an omnivorous fish. They will do well with almost any type of food but as always, we recommend feeding your omnivorous fish a varied diet to not only make sure they are getting all of the nutrition they need but to also keep them happy.
Tropical fish flake foods or pellets are a good base food, but every now and then you can supplement with fresh vegetables, freeze-dried blood worms, algae and occasionally some live food.
A good quality flake or pellet is an affordable way to make sure your fish get all of the proper nutrition they need to maintain their health and colours.
- Species – Trichogaster chuna
- Common Name – Red Honey Dwarf Gourami
- Origin – India, West Bengal, Assam, and Bangladesh
- Diet – Omnivore, eats algae
- PH Range – 6.0 – 7.5
- Water Type – Soft
- Temperature – Tropical 22°c – 28°c
- Breed Type – Egglayer, bubble nest
- Current Size – approximately 4cm (Grows to approximately 5cm)
- Sex – Un-sexed