The Giant Danio comes from the hill streams and standing waters of India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Myanmar, and northern Thailand. Their natural habitat is clear water, ranging from free-flowing to still water.
Giant Danios are active and swim rapidly throughout the tank, preferring the upper levels of the aquarium. They are a schooling fish and should not be kept by themselves.
- Species – Devario aequipinnatus
- Common Name – Giant Danio
- Origin – India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Thailand.
- Diet – Omnivorous
- PH Range – 6.8 – 7.5
- Temperature – Tropical 22°c – 24°c
- Breed Type – Egg layer
- Current Size – approximately 4cm (Grows up to approximately 10cm)
- Sex – Un-sexed